Ensuring the optimum impact.
Careful preparation for each ECC intervention programme will help everyone to achieve the best outcomes.
Each programme has detailed preparation guidance – see below.
In summary, each school needs to plan in advance for:
- Time – for the training, teaching, extra sessions, testing, support, liaison and for celebrating success
- Communication – keeping everyone informed and supported
- Space – for teaching, storing resources and for meetings
- Support – for teachers and teaching assistants, parents and pupils
- Evaluation – using standardised testing and accessing the ECC secure data system and reports. Using the ECC surveys.
Each programme has a detailed Handbook which is included in the pack you will receive on Day 1 of the training.
Download guidance for each literacy programme here: