The Centre aims to combine the University’s academic strengths in leading respiratory research with clinical expertise in respiratory care housed in regional NHS Trusts, third sector organisations, and industry, to achieve the mutual goal of driving the development of home-grown research. The Centre aims to support projects with clear benefits for patients, that reflects academic and clinical expertise. This aligns with the remit of organisations that fund health research, such as NIHR, and the need to demonstrate the impact of research beyond academia.
The Centre aims to achieve the following:
• To develop and lead new research to improve respiratory care and population respiratory outcomes.
• To support innovative research with governmental agencies such as Public Health England and local authorities.
• To increase cross-institutional capacity for respiratory research between the University and the NHS.
• To develop high quality evidence to inform respiratory policy and guidelines and provide demonstrable impact on healthcare, social care, society and the health economy.
• To support innovative research with healthcare industries, such as pharmacological, medical and technical device companies.
To develop a Centre of Excellence for multi-professional respiratory research by drawing on clinical and academic expertise at Edge Hill University (EHU) and local healthcare partners.
To harness these strengths through research projects with the potential for significant local, national and international impact.
To push forward the frontiers of health and social care improvement for people with respiratory conditions and support preventative interventions to improve population outcomes by supporting the innovation pipeline.
To attract and retain high quality clinical and public health academic staff to work with the Centre.
To work in an inclusive and collaborative way to develop and support high quality respiratory research of importance to service users, providers, academics and other key stakeholders.
Please email us on [email protected].