EHU Nineteen is an interdisciplinary research centre at Edge Hill University focussing on long-nineteenth century studies. We offer:
- Nationally and internationally excellent research in 19th Century topics. Specialisms include digital humanities and print culture, masculinity and gender studies, children’s literature and humour, and neo-Victorianism.
- A visiting speaker series featuring leading names and emerging researchers in Romantic and Victorian studies.
- Collaborative opportunities with museums, galleries and cultural heritage partners across the North West and UK.
- International conferences including hosting BARS/NASSR 2021: New Romanticisms, ‘Substance Use and Abuse in the Long Nineteenth Century’ and an annual ‘Romanticisms’ conference.
- A diverse and innovative teaching portfolio in nineteenth-century subjects at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Outstanding PhD supervision with the opportunity to apply for Edge Hill’s Graduate Teaching Assistantship package.