- Edge Hill student highlights impact of expanding child mental health programme
An Edge Hill student is highlighting the profound impact of award-winning child mental health programme Tackling the Blues as it gets set to expand.
- Children and young people’s mental health programme celebrates record year
The award-winning children’s mental health programme, Tackling the Blues, is celebrating a milestone year after supporting a record number of new children and young people across the North West.
- Everton legend Ian Snodin – part of the Toffees’ last title-winning squad in 1987 – bids to boost mental health in schools after coronavirus pandemic
Read the full story on the Daily Mail’s website.
- Everton legend Snodin goes back to school to ‘Tackle the Blues’
Everton legend Ian Snodin went back to school this week to support Tackling the Blues, the award-winning project run by Edge Hill University, Everton in the Community (EitC) and Tate Liverpool which uses sport and the arts to help school children at risk of developing mental health problems.
- TV and radio host Roman Kemp gives moving mental health advice to students
Television and radio star Roman Kemp gave a moving account of his own experiences of battling with mental health during a special event hosted by Edge Hill University.
- Empowering students to become mental health champions
A team of student mentors from Edge Hill University have shared their personal experiences of training to become mental health champions for award-winning programme Tackling the Blues.
- Edge Hill marks Mental Health Awareness Week
To mark this year’s Mental Health Awareness Week, 10th-16th May, we’re placing a spotlight on the milestones and achievements marked by the Edge Hill community in the field of mental health.
- TV and radio star Roman Kemp to front Edge Hill mental health event
Television and radio presenter Roman Kemp will pay a virtual visit to Edge Hill next month to give a first-hand account of his emotional BBC documentary Our Silent Emergency, which explores the mental health and suicide crisis gripping young men across the UK.
- Tackling the Blues launches new bitesize mental health programme
Tackling the Blues, an award-winning sport and arts-based education programme, has launched a series of online bitesize lessons to help teachers support children and young people’s mental health during lockdown.
- Performer turned mentor wants mental health to take centre stage in schools
A performer who is training as a psychotherapist at Edge Hill is using her creative talents to encourage children and young people to open up about their mental health through the arts. Olivia Izzo, 26, is currently studying an MSc in Psychotherapy and Counselling at Edge Hill following a career as a performer and actor. Since joining the University, Olivia has been appointed as a mentor for Tackling the Blues, Edge Hill’s mental […]