The Centre held their first public event at Edge Hill University on Wednesday 15 January 2020.
The event offered guests the chance to learn more about the CPSS and the work being conducted on the subject of child protection and safeguarding, both within the Centre and internationally. There were opportunities to network and to engage with our guest speakers during the Q&A sessions.
Presentations from the event:
- Gloria Viseras – Campaigning for the development of ‘safeguarding’ in sport: reflections from Spain
- Jayne Molyneux – Sport England’s vision for safeguarding
- Keith Oddy – Reflections on 30 years of Child Protection in Sport
- Paola Ottonello – Safeguarding Children in Sport
- Professor Bettina Rulofs – Reflections on the Research and Policy Landscape in Germany