The following five savoury and one sweet recipes are all quick to produce and make good use of leftovers or store cupboard staples. All are vegetarian and can easily be adapted to be vegan.
- Perfect Potato Dauphinois a family favourite and great as a main dish in its own right when served with a salad, or as a side dish to a Sunday Roast. This freezes well. For a vegan version swap the milk and cream for plant based milk of your choice and top with some vegan cheese if you want as well.
- Vegetable Noodles are a quick and easy dinner to throw together after a long day at work and if you make a double batch they are great as a quick lunch for the following day. Use wholewheat noodles and ready pressed tofu for a vegan version.
- Vegetable Bean Gratin I always cook more vegetables than I need to let me make this delicious beany gratin. You can use whatever vegetables or beans you fancy. For a dairy free version leave out the cheese and add a little extra mustard to the sauce. Top with breadcrumbs and slices of tomato before baking.
- Vegan Kedgeree Left over curry makes the perfect sauce for this rice based dish.
- Quick Vegetable Curry If you make double of this you can use it as the sauce for the kedgree the following day. Use whatever vegetables and tinned pulses you have to hand.
- If you fancy something sweet and have bread to use up, this raspberry brioche pudding is great. For a vegan version use coconut milk and coconut cream instead of the dairy and leave out the eggs. Swap the brioche for slices of bread instead (or use vegan croissants).