SustainNET was established in February 2020 as a network of individuals based at Edge Hill University who are passionate about sustainability. Formed with the support of the Institute for Social Responsibility (ISR), it seeks to:
- Promote and advance the University’s work on sustainability studies and sustainability agenda generally, within the framework of the United Nations 17 Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs – https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org)
- Develop and nurture inter-disciplinary collaboration on sustainability research and other forms of academic-related work at EHU
- Integrate sustainability into curriculum programmes, including continuous professional learning and in-service learning
- Establish Edge Hill University as a leading centre for sustainability studies both nationally and internationally in the longer-term
- Build ever stronger partnerships with local and other external stakeholders to achieve the above aims, and help improve the sustainability of the local region
SustainNET originally developed from the organisation of the ‘Sustainability in the Region’ event held in Ormskirk on 6th November 2019 that brought together around 20 local sustainability-related organisations, Edge Hill University staff and the general public to engage in various knowledge exchange activities. More information about local partner stakeholders can be found at the Partners webpage.
At the University, SustainNET is a cross-campus venture with representation from Business, Geography, Social Sciences, Creative Arts, Psychology, Medical/Health, Education, Biology, Learning Services, Human Resources, Centre for Learning and Teaching, IT Services, Careers, International Office, Facilities Management, FAS:Computer Science, FAS:Creative Arts and the Students Union. The full list can be found on our Members webpage.